Medical Laboratory Technology is a supportive branch of medicine providing laboratory diagnostic services. Medical laboratory Technologists perform complex and varied laboratory analyses, and use critical thinking skills in determining the accuracy and validity of test results. They recognize the interdependency of testing information and possess the knowledge of physiologic and pathologic conditions affecting results in order to support medical decisions.
At national and international level there is a great demand of highly trained “Medical Laboratory Technologists”. In the field of laboratory medicine Pakistan being an under developed country is facing great deficiency of trained manpower/allied health sciences professionals. RCAHS/RMI offers a high standard training setup for its esteemed students which can be matched with any international as well as national level setup. Each department in the centralized laboratory is equipped with advanced and state of the art latest equipments, some of those including; Real Time-PCR, Sequencing Platforms, Immunoassay analyzers, Hematology auto-analyzers and Coagulation analyzers etc. All the RCAHS students get mandatory training under close supervision in the capacity building of highly trained professionals.
• Medical Laboratory Technologists can work in:
• Independent laboratories
• Public health facilities
• Forensic crime laboratories
• Sales and marketing of diagnostic instruments and reagents
• Federal and state regulatory agencies
• Research and development of future clinical tests
Presently, laboratory technologist are working in various government and private institutes, hospitals, national and international organizations and imparting a substantial role in providing state of the art laboratory services which can be matched with any good laboratory practice being provided by highly developed countries all around the globe to their esteemed patients. Medical laboratory technologists have been consistently engaged in management of pathology laboratories and clinical research, epidemiology as well as national and international infectious diseases control programmes like TB, HIV, Hepatitis, Polio Eradication, and COVID-19 surveillance programmes.
Admission to Rehman College of Allied Health Sciences (RCAHS) is offered in fall each year. The admission is based on open merit through the RCAHS Admission Committee in accordance with the policies laid down by the Khyber Medical University. All decisions of the Admission Committee are deemed as final. The candidates are required to apply on prescribed application form available ONLINE at http://admissions.rmi.edu.pk/.
Successful candidates will be provided with further instructions to complete the admission process. All such candidates must submit an undertaking on Rs. 100/- Judicial paper.
Number of total seats: 40
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) / Equivalent with minimum 50% marks
- Age: Maximum 25 Years
- Matric: 10%
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- The admission to the in Allied Health Sciences Programmes shall be made strictly based on merit
- In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be offered admission against such vacant seat
- The applications through the online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within three working days, failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
Scheme Of Study
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2022 – 23 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except the office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per the institution’s past practices, scholarships will be offered as per policy. Further details can be obtained from the college website