Surgical Technology is a specific technical profession in surgical management of patients. Surgical Technologists (ST) ensure that every single procedure in the operation theatre is as safe and successful as possible. Their primary duty is to take care of all the work and management of the operation theatre which includes looking after all surgical instruments, sterilization, and arrangement of operation theatre table, dressing table, and instrument table.
The demand for surgical technologists has increased considerably in recent times. Surgical technologists work in the operation theater to assist surgeries. RMI being one of the best tertiary care hospital in KP offers best training and learning surgical related facilities to its BS surgical students. BS surgical students are guided and supervised at each step thus providing top-notch facility to its students.
Presently, surgical technologists are working in various government and private institutes, hospitals, national and international organizations in the capacity of Manager OT Services, Surgical first assistant to surgeons, quality control and quality assurance programme managers of operation theatres, and many other surgical related procedures.
Surgical technologists are important members of all surgical teams who carry out very basic to highly complicated surgical procedures.
Admission to Rehman College of Allied Health Sciences (RCAHS) is offered in fall each year. The admission is based on open merit through the RCAHS Admission Committee in accordance with the policies laid down by the Khyber Medical University. All decisions of the Admission Committee are deemed as final. The candidates are required to apply on prescribed application form available ONLINE at http://admissions.rmi.edu.pk/.
Successful candidates will be provided with further instructions to complete the admission process. All such candidates must submit an undertaking on Rs. 100/- Judicial paper.
Number of total seats: 20
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) / Equivalent with minimum 50% marks
- Age: Maximum 25 Years
Scheme of Study
- Matric: 10%
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- The admission to the in Allied Health Sciences Programes shall be made strictly based on merit.
- In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit.
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be offered admission against such vacant seat.
- The applications through the online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within three working days, failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2022 – 23 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, the office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per the institution’s past practices, scholarships will be offered as per policy. Further details can be obtained from the college website