Radiology Technology is a medical professional course that uses medical imaging tests to diagnose and treat the diseases within the bodies of human. Radiology introduce a basic bifurcation of the science such as Diagnostic Radiology and Interventional Radiology.
Diagnostic Radiology concern itself with use of imaging techniques such as X-ray radiography, Ultrasound, Computed Tomography (CT), Nuclear Medicine including Positron Emission Tomography (PET), Fluoroscopy and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) are used to diagnose or treat diseases. Interventional Radiology is the performance of usually Minimally Invasive medical procedures with guidance of medical technologies.
The Profession calls for considerable technological expertise. Radiology technologist work as a part of health care team in Diagnostic imaging department, Accidents and Emergency, Intensive Care Unit and Operation Theatre. Sometimes radiology technologists are also involved in giving treatment to cancer patients.
Individuals interested in joining the healthcare industry and considering radiology have vast opportunities and career choices to choose from including:
• Radiology Administrator
• Pediatric Radiographer
• Cardiovascular Technologist
• MRI Technologist
Currently, Radiology Technologists are employed in various government and private institutes, hospitals, and national and international organisations. Moreover, apart from these promising career opportunities, Radiology Technologists also have the potential to establish and operate their own independent basic radiological setups.
Admission to RCAHS is offered in fall each year. The admission is based on open merit through the RCAHS Admission Committee in accordance with the policies laid down by the Khyber Medical University (KMU). All decisions of the Admission Committee are deemed as final. The candidates are required to apply on prescribed application form available online at http://admissions.rmi.edu.pk/.
Successful candidates will be provided with further instructions to complete the admission process. All such candidates must submit an undertaking on Rs. 100/- Judicial paper.
Number of total seats: 30
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) / Equivalent with minimum 50% marks
- Age: Maximum 25 Years
Scheme of Study
- Matric: 10%
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- The admission to the in Allied Health Sciences Programes shall be made strictly based on merit
- In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be offered admission against such vacant seat
- The applications through the online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within three working days, failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2023 – 24 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, the office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per the institution’s past practices, scholarships will be offered as per policy. Further details can be obtained from the college website