The concept of emergency technology is relatively new to Pakistan while it has become the back bone of the health care system in most developed countries.
Emergency technology is a field of practice based on the knowledge and skills required for the prevention, diagnosis and management of the acute and urgent aspects of illness and injury affecting patients of all age groups with a full spectrum of undifferentiated physical and behavioral disorders.
Emergency Medical team takes care of patients presenting with acute emergencies. All the initial resuscitation will be done by the Emergency Medical team comprising of Emergency Physician, Technologist and other paramedical staff. This programme of training in the initial resuscitation of patients in the Emergency room. As the number of trauma and natural disasters are increasing, Emergency Medicine has become the need of the hour.
Graduates of Emergency Technology can pursue career as:
• Clinical Research Physicians
• Quality Analyst
• Technology Analyst
• Technology Specialist
At national and international level there is a great demand of highly trained “Emergency Technologists”. In the field of emergency medicine Pakistan being an under developed country is facing great deficiency of trained manpower/professionals. RCAHS students in first four semesters get training at basic skill labs of college under close supervision while onwards from 5th semester all emergency students are bound to work in state of the art emergency department of RMI under supervision of senior consultants.
This programme is suitable to those who wish to develop expertise in practice of caring for patients with acute illness or injuries which require immediate medical attention.
On completion of the programme students will be experienced in handling serious medical and surgical emergencies (including cardiac, neurological, poly-traumatic, pediatric, and obstetrical) emergencies. The candidates will be able to afford safe and efficient treatment to patients of all age groups by taking necessary decisions and also they will be able to recognize the equipment and medicines used in emergency situations. Finally, the candidate will be a professional accident and emergency technologist. Presently, emergency technologists are working in various government and private institutes, hospitals, national and international organizations.
Admission to Rehman College of Allied Health Sciences (RCAHS) is offered in fall each year. The admission is based on open merit through the RCAHS Admission Committee in accordance with the policies laid down by the Khyber Medical University. All decisions of the Admission Committee are deemed as final. The candidates are required to apply on prescribed application form available ONLINE at http://admissions.rmi.edu.pk/.
Successful candidates will be provided with further instructions to complete the admission process. All such candidates must submit an undertaking on Rs. 100/- Judicial paper.
Number of total seats: 20
Scheme of Study
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) / Equivalent with minimum 50% marks
- Age: Maximum 25 Years
- Matric: 10%
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- The admission to the in Allied Health Sciences Programes shall be made strictly based on merit
- In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be offered admission against such vacant seat
- The applications through the online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within three working days, failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2022 – 23 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, the office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per the institution’s past practices, scholarships will be offered as per policy. Further details can be obtained from the college website