Anaesthesia technologists are part of anaesthesia team. They assist anesthesiologists in managing a patient's pain during surgery by administering anesthesia and monitoring patient status. Anesthesia technologists are well versed with the pharmacology of anesthetic & non anesthetic drugs. They are trained in preparing anesthesia trolleys, checking the machines for suction, gas system operation, working of OT tables, various gases used in OT, and use of inhalational agents.
• Anesthesia Technologists can pursue their career in:
• Government and private institutes
• National and international organizations
• Anesthetic practice
• Research field
There is great deficiency of trained anaesthetists / anaesthesiologists / anaesthesia technologists all around the globe especially in Pakistan. Keeping in view the increasing Pakistani population at such an alarming pace it is the need of the day to produce well skilled, highly trained and dedicated anesthesia technologists who will impart a substantial role in dealing with the future challenges in the field anesthesia medicine.
RMI offers has well established anesthesia department including state of the ICU and respiratory therapy unit run by highly trained and qualified consultants. RCAHS students of BS-Anaesthesia get mandatory training in anaesthesia department of RMI under close supervision of trained staff thus becoming a trained professional in future who will serve the humanity in a best way.
Presently, anaesthesia technologist are working in various government and private institutes, hospitals, national and international organizations and imparting a substantial role in providing state of the art anesthesia services which can be matched with any anesthetic practice being provided by highly developed countries all around the globe to their esteemed patients. Anesthesia technologists are critically engaged in procedures involved in pain management, regional anesthesia and treatment of critically sick patients.
Admission to Rehman College of Allied Health Sciences (RCAHS) is offered in fall each year. The admission is based on open merit through the RCAHS Admission Committee in accordance with the policies laid down by Khyber Medical University. All decisions of the Admission Committee are deemed final. The candidates are required to apply on prescribed application form available ONLINE at http://admissions.rmi.edu.pk/.
Successful candidates will be provided with further instructions to complete the admission process. All such candidates must submit an undertaking on Rs. 100/- Judicial paper.
Number of total seats: 30
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) / Equivalent with minimum 50% marks
- Age: Maximum 25 Years
Scheme of Study
- Matric: 10%
- HSSC or equivalent: 50%
- KMU-CAT: 40%
- The admission to the Allied Health Sciences Programmes shall be made strictly based on merit
- In case the final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit
- After the display of the final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, the next student on merit on the waiting list will be offered admission against such vacant seat
- The applications through the online portal of the college shall be accepted for scrutiny and merit formulation
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified on the website
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through the Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting the college website for day-to-day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents and passing the medical fitness test
- Personal appearance for verification of documents is mandatory
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below
The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within three working days, failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2022 – 23 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, the office of admissions is authorised to give a written admission offer
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded
- All fees will be deposited in the official College designated bank account
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per the institution’s past practices, scholarships will be offered as per policy. Further details can be obtained from the college website