BS Vision Sciences (Optometry) is a multidisciplinary degree, which will prepare you to handle issues relating to human vision; including the study of biochemistry, biophysics, engineering, epidemiology, molecular biology, cell biology, neuroscience, optics, ophthalmology, optometry, pathology, physiology, psychology, statistics, and any other discipline that relates to the eye and its problems.
This course builds a strong basis for understanding the background of modern vision science. The BS Vision Science is a degree designed to generate scientists who can work with ophthalmic industries developing technologies, diagnostic instruments, and patient care options.
Because of optometrists’ broad knowledge in vision and medical sciences, they are leaders in academia; industries such as optical, computer software, pharmaceutical, and contact lenses; and entrepreneurial start-ups.
When you study Vision Science at RMI, you’ll undertake specialised training and theoretical studies across the following areas:
• optical science
• anatomy and physiology of the eye
• eye disorders
• clinical optometry
• ocular therapy
• assist in diagnosis and treatment of ocular-visual disorders
Most importantly, our students are given broad experiences in optometric eye care and training to work and communicate with patients and other health care practitioners. You’ll have career opportunities across the public and private health sector and will have the ability to specialise in eye care, using optical devices such as contact lenses, spectacles, and ocular implants.
The four-year professional optometry curriculum includes instruction in all the clinical and practical phases of optometry as well as in the theoretical and fundamental aspects of vision science.
The admission is based on open merit through the RCAHS Admission Committee in accordance with the policies laid down by the Khyber Medical University. All decisions of the Admission Committee are deemed as final.
Appearance in Interview is mandatory for all categories of applicants.
Successful candidates will be provided with further instructions to complete the admission process.
Number of total seats: 20
F.Sc. (Pre-medical/12 years (equivalent) of schooling with science subjects (Biology, Chemistry and Physics with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Scheme of Study
Scholarship & Internship Facilities
RMI offers attractive Scholarship and Financial Assistance to talented and deserving students under the following heads laid down in the policy documents.
1. Merit cum Deserving Scholarship (Fresh Intake):
Admissible to only Pakistani candidates applying for open merit seats subject to the criteria laid down in the policy.
2. Performance Based Scholarships:
This scholarship is awarded to the students securing top (1st, 2nd & 3rd) positions in Annual/Semester University Examination.
3. Distress Scholarship:
This Scholarship is awarded as a special case to students who lose their parents/guardian during their studentship and unable to pay the fee and other dues as per policy.
4. Concession for Serving Employees:
In order to facilitate the institute's own employees, financial assistance is admissible as per policy.
5. Fee Concession to the Dependents:
Special concession is awarded to the children and legal dependents of employees as per policy.
RMI will offer paid internship to the top 25% students on completion of the degree. However the unpaid internship will be offered to the remaining students merit wise on the requirement of the concern department.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the steps involved in submission of form?
Following steps should be followed:
• Download and print application form from the RCAHS website.
• Fill the complete form and submit along with attested copies of documents i.e. SSC/ Matric certificate and DMC, HSSC/ F Sc. (Pre-medical) certificate and DMC, CNIC/Father CNIC and Domicile.
• IBCC equivalence certificate will be required (only for foreign applicant)
2. How to submit the form directly?
Submit the form on the following address:
RMI, Admin block 5th floor, Rehman College of Allied Health Sciences, Student Affairs Office. Ext. no. 4572
3. How to submit the form through courier?
Mail the filled form along with copies of the Required documents to the following address:
Student Affair Officer
Rehman college of Allied Health Sciences (RCAHS)
5/B-2, Phase 5, Hayatabad, Peshawar, Pakistan.
Phone no. +92-91-5838000 Ext 4572
4. Is there any provision for late applications?
No, all applications along with complete information must be reached by 22 March 2021.
5. Is there any financial assistance or scholarship offered?
Yes, 10% scholarships are available to meritorious and deserving candidates (subject to evaluation) after completion of admission process.
6. Is there any quota?
No, all admissions are offered based on merit only.
7. Is hostel facility available for outstation students?
Yes, the hostel facility is available for female students, only provided on basis of space availability.
8. What documents are required at the time of submission?
Copies of the following documents will be required at the time of submission
• SSC/ Matric certificate and DMC, HSSC/ F Sc. (Pre-medical) DMC, certificate, CNIC/Father CNIC and Domicile.
• Equivalence certificate will be required, in case of foreign degree.
9. What is the eligibility criteria for admission on foreign seat?
For foreign applicants interested to enrol in RCAHS, he/she must fulfil the below requirements:
• Education equivalence to F Sc. (Pre-medical) with (Minimum 50% Marks) from foreign high school.
• IBCC equivalence certificate for both 10th & 12th grade separately.
• Valid foreign Passport & Visa at the time of application.
• Interested foreign candidates will have to follow all the instructions and guidelines by HEC Pakistan
10. Where can I get the IBCC equivalence certificate from?
You can get it from Inter Board Committee of Chairman (IBCC) office Islamabad, Tel: +92-51-9330251-54, website: http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/
11. Can I apply for multiple programmes with one application form?
Yes, an applicant can apply for two programmes within RCAHS, based on priority. However, preference will be entertained on mentioned priority basis.
12. Is the entry test of other provinces accepted?
No, it is not applicable in the current admission process.
13. Is MDCAT mandatory for BS Allied Health Sciences programmes in RCAHS?
NO, MDCAT is not mandatory for the current batch of F Sc. (August 2020)
due to COVID-19 pandemic.
14. Where is the interview venue?
The interview will be conducted on the 5th floor, Admin Block, RCAHS.
15. How will I be informed about my application status?
You will be informed through SMS, Phone call or email.
- The admission to above programme in RMI shall be made strictly based on merit.
- In case final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit.
- After the display of final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, next student on merit in the waiting list will be offered admission against such vacant seat.
HSSC or equivalent 50%
- The applications through online portal of the college shall be accepted for the scrutiny and merit formulation.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide all academic & personal documents as required by the college prior to the last date of admissions as specified in the website.
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through Email address provided by the applicants
- Visiting college website for day to day updates will be the responsibility of the applicants.
- Selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on a Rs. 100/- stamp paper duly notarized by a notary, stating the acceptance of College required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the college prospectus.
- Admission will remain conditional subject to verification of all documents, passing medical fitness test.
- Personal appearance for verification and interview is required.
- Admission offer will be valid only on fee deposit within the stipulated period given below.
- Regulatory Authorities directives regarding admissions 2021 – 22 issued from time to time will be followed
- A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except, office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer.
- Fee for more than one (1) Semester will not be demanded.
- All fee will be deposited in the official College designated bank account.
- SCHOLARSHIPS: As per institution’s past practices, scholarship will be offered as per policy. Further details can be obtained from college website