Dr. Ghufran Uddin
Medical Laboratory Technology
Assistant Professor & Coordinator MLT
Dr. Ghufran Uddin is MLT graduate of class 2007 – 2009, from National Institute of Health, Islamabad. He got his M.Sc. degree in Microbiology from University of Karachi in 2012. Pursuing his higher studies in the subject of Microbiology, he completed his M. Phil in 2014 and Ph.D. in 2019 from Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad. He also worked with Centre for Environmental Biotechnology as visiting scholar for 06 months at University of Tennessee, USA in 2018. He is serving in Rehman College of Allied Health Sciences as an Assistant Professor & Coordinator MLT since January 01, 2020.
- Human Genetics
- Molecular Biology
- Systemic Diagnostic Bacteriology
- Immunology & Serology
American Society for Microbiology (ASM) Microbe 2018 – Atlanta, Georgia, USA Jun 06 – 11, 2018.
FEBS and EMBO 2014 Conference – Paris, France Aug 30 – Sep 04, 2014. (Poster Presentation).
12th International Biennial Conference of PSM on “Next Generation of Microbial Therapeutics” Abbottabad, Pakistan 20 – 22 February 2019. (Poster Presentation)
One-day conference on “Building Innovative Pakistan Through Science, Technology and Innovation Policy” Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan 14th February 2019
11th annual conference organized by the Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Society of Pakistan, Islamabad, Pakistan 14 – 15 March 2014. (Poster Presentation)
Certificate for participating in workshop for Medical Technologists “Basics of Hematology & Morphology” held on 12th December 2008 at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad, Pakistan
Certificate for online training “Infection prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19” by the World Health Organization, April, 2020
Biosafety Principles & Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) Initial Training, University of Tennessee, Knoxville – TN, USA (April 2018).
- Gold Medal in M.Sc. Microbiology at University of Karachi, Pakistan 2012
- Award of Talent based Fellowship in Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan during M.Phil. in the year 2012 – 2014
- Award of scholarship during Ph.D. under “International Research Support Initiative Program” for University of Tennessee, USA by HEC Pakistan Apr – Sep 2018
- Peer Reviewer in Journal of Hazardous Materials (IF=7.6), Journal of Environmental Science (IF=3.6) and Journal of Applied Microbiology (IF=2.6)
- Member of the Board of Studies and Selection Board, Iqra National University, Peshawar
American Society of Microbiology
Quaidian Association of Microbiologists
The Lancet Journal